Your library is OPEN. (updated September 11, 2020)
Open Building: Tuesday 9am-6pm, Wednesday 9am-1pm, and Thursday 12pm-6pm
Curbside available: Wednesday 12pm-5:30pm, Thursday 8:30am-1pm, and Friday 8:30-5pm
Book drop open: Monday 8:30am through Friday 5pm
Return checked-out items to the outside book drops. NO Returns will be accepted inside the building at this time. Exceptions are WiFi hotspots or items marked “fragile/return inside.”
Building CLOSED: Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
All hours subject to change
Here’s what to expect when you visit:
· Visitors will be welcomed in the building for 30 minutes total of browsing materials The number of visitors inside the building is limited.
· Computer use is by appointment. Please call 715-365-1070 to make an appointment.
· Children ages 5-15 are welcome in the building with a responsible adult.
· Visitors of all ages are required to wear face masks that cover the nose and mouth are required in the library building. If you do not care to wear a mask, curbside pickup of materials is available.
· Carts will be designated for you to return items you have browsed, but do not care to check out.
· Please enter and exit through the doors from the library parking lot and follow the arrows and distancing marks throughout the building. The Stevens Street door will be closed to those entering the building.
· Only one person or family group should use the elevator at a time.
· Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building.
· Seating is limited, and the meeting room is not available for use or reservations.
· Computer areas, lavatories, and high touch surfaces are not cleaned with each use
· Returned items will be quarantined for 96 hours per the latest scientific study and the CDC and will be backdated to the date of return.
Our popular curbside pickup service will continue for the foreseeable future as the safest way for you to access our collection.
Ordering Materials for in library pick up and curbside pickup
Requesting items for check out: You may now request items from most WVLS Libraries. Statewide Interlibrary loan is not currently operating. Because of this, there may be items in the catalog you might not be able to receive just yet as the library holding the material is not lending to other area libraries just yet.
Continue requesting materials to be placed on hold for you!
To request items: · Log on to the library catalog at http://catalog.wvls.org and select items to place on hold, OR
· Phone 715-365-1070 the library with your request and phone number where you may be reached.
· When your material is here, you may call the library to schedule time during curbside hours to pick it up.
*A note about the handling and disinfection of library materials for pickup* There are still questions about how long the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 may survive and be transmitted from surfaces (paper, plastic, metal, etc.). We are following guidelines from the CDC and Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction per the REopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums (REALM) Project for handling library materials to protect the health of staff and library users.
· All materials being returned to the library are placed in quarantine for up to 96 hours before being made available for checkout.
o Please note that due to these quarantine procedures it may take up to a week for items to appear as “checked in” on your library account
o No fines will accrue for the days in quarantine. Items will be backdated to the date they were returned.
· Library staff are washing hands before and wearing masks while handling materials for checkout.
· Library staff will not accept returns directly; all returned items must be placed in outside book drop so they may be placed in quarantine for 96 hours.
The library is cleaned every day. High touch surfaces will be cleaned as staff are able, so please use hand sanitizer and wash your hands frequently and thoroughly. Please stay home if you are sick.
A note from the Director 6/19/2020
Dear District Library Patrons,
As I write this, contactless curbside pickup of materials is in full swing and our Library Board has approved a plan for a limited expansion of library services to ensure the health of library users and our staff.
When will the library reopen? Rhinelander District Library is planning to be open by Tuesday, June 30. When we do open it won’t be “business as usual.” Our plan is to implement a phased expansion of services so that we may do so safely and in a manner best for the community.
The building has been deep cleaned and some spaces reconfigured. We are ensuring there are adequate sanitizers for your hands, surfaces, and other public areas. Please physically distance. There will be tape on the floor to give you indications of where to stand and preferred traffic flow. We ask that no more than two patrons browse in an aisle at a time. Please don’t gather in groups or linger in the library or on library grounds for now. And please don’t come in if you are feeling unwell or sick. If you need library materials, send someone to pick it up for you via curbside pickup. The library is not taking donations. Please do not fill up book drops or leave donations outside the library or the Re-Tale shop. Contact the Friends of the Library if you have items to donate. https:// www.facebook.com/FOLRhinelander/ Finally, RDL is not allowing children into the building at this time. The children’s department will be open for parents and caregivers to select materials, but our children will have a hard time remaining distant with their friends and our staff, too!
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We know this situation is difficult and disappointing. Through it all, the library is committed to patron and staff safety. Library staff are still available by phone Monday through Friday and email. No matter what the future holds, no matter what your circumstances may be, you can count on your library to be here for you.
Please feel free to share this information and continue to visit our website and Facebook page for updates as well as local media.
We look forward to seeing everyone very soon,